R20 Regions of Climate Action (R20) is a non-profit organization founded in 2010 by former Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger and other global leaders in cooperation with the United Nations.
We are a coalition of partners led by regional governments whose mission is to promote, help implement and communicate green infrastructure and development projects that deliver local economic and environmental benefits such as: Reduced energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions; strong local economies; improved public health; and new green jobs.
Our local actions can help the world achieve our shared global environmental and economic goals. For more information visit http://regions20.org/
Under mandate from the Leonardo Di Caprio Foundation we have an ambitious target – to identify by the end of August 2016, one hundred energy, waste and energy efficiency projects from around the world that require technical and financial support to be developed, and for whose development local governments are willing to make institutional commitment to support.
Also under mandate from the Leonardo di Caprio Foundation, R20 plan to deploy dedicated project preparation tools to help develop the most promising of the projects and to arrange for their investment. Projects will be showcased at Climate Week New York in September 2016 and at COP22 in Morocco in November.
Your active participation in the 100 Solutions Project Campaign will give you the opportunity to figure amongst the most progressive and engaged sub national governments globally, and for the projects that you propose to be considered for development by our not-for-profit project development tools, and to have access to funding for their realisation.
To be part of this global challenge, you must:
- Provide institutional commitment to fight climate change and implement the green economy: by committing to R20’s charter.
- Propose projects: Name promising green energy, waste and energy efficiency projects that require development and that you would like to be considered for support by our not for profit project development facilities.
- Mandate R20: Grant R20 the official mandate to develop, structure and facilitate the financing of these projects, supported by R20’s partners.
- Provide technical project information: For each of the projects named, provide the technical information required for R20 to consider each project on its merits. Remember, the more accurate the information that you supply, the higher the chance a project has to be selected for development.
We therefore ask you to do three things:
- Sign an official letter of engagement
- Instruct your technical official(s) to compile and return project and market data questionnaires
- Provide name, email address and telephone number for the official who you nominate as responsible for providing the technical project information, so that we may follow-up directly
Please download and complete the documents in the “Documents / Downloads” tab and send them to email@example.com
If you have trouble downloading the documents, please send an email accompanied by your telephone number and name of organisation to firstname.lastname@example.org or Contact us here.